CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Jan Pickett was asleep when her heart stopped beating.
The call to 911 was swift. The first responder on the scene was a firefighter who happened to be in the bed asleep next to Jan. Jan's husband Bruce was the first step in saving her life.
The Charlotte Fire Department Captain started CPR immediately. Paramedics were at the house in minutes and shocked Jan's heart back into rhythm.
On Monday, Jan stood in front of all the emergency personnel who had a hand in saving her life. She spoke of the importance of CPR. She also talked about the new technology doctors used to save her life. She ended with a thank you that came straight from her heart.