BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBTV) -- After polling over 41,000 readers, Southern Living magazine names the best barbeque places in the Carolinas.
Lexington Barbeque in Lexington was named the best place in North Carolina. It is most know for it shoulders smoked over hickory for nine hours, chopped and served without a drop of sauce.
Little Pigs Barbeque in Columbia was named the best place in South Carolina.
Columbia is also home to another top five place on Southern Living's list, Maurice's Gourmet Barbeque.
BEST BBQ IN NORTH CAROLINA: LEXINGTON BARBECUE
1. Lexington Barbecue, Lexington
2. Little Pigs BBQ, Asheville
3. Bubba's Barbecue, Charlotte
4. Carolina Smokehouse Inc., Cahiers
5. Smithfield's Chicken 'N Bar-B-Q, Wake Forest