Presented by Johnson & Wales University
Yield 1 quart
1 lb Pumpkin Squash
(1 medium size pumpkin quartered lengthwise and deseeded)
1 lb Granny smith Apples (quartered lengthwise, peeled and deseeded)
- Preheat an oven to 350F
- Place the pumpkin squash on a sheet tray and baste liberally with the roasting glaze.
- Roast squash in the oven until well brown 45-60 minutes
- After 30 minutes add the apples and roast for 15-30 minutes
- Squash should be browned well and very tender
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes
¼ cup Honey
½ cup water
1 tbsp Cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp Allspice
TT Salt and Pepper
- In a small bowl combine all roasting glaze ingredients.
- Mix well until incorporated
Liquid for Bisque
1 ½ pint Heavy Cream heated
¼ lb whole butter melted
- In a medium saucepan heat the milk and cream until temp reaches 160F
- Hold until squash is finished cooking and tender.
Putting it all together
- Using a blender or food processor place ½ the amount of roasted squash and ½ the apples in the bowl.
- Turn the food processor on to medium low speed.
- Through the hole in the lid, carefully add the hot cream until a smooth creamy consistency develops.
- Transfer to a saucepan.
- Add remaining squash and apples. Repeat step 3.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- For a topping whip add nutmeg to heavy cream and whip to topping.
Sour Apple Salsa
1 lb Granny smith or any other sour apple variety
(peeled, deseeded and diced small)
1 ounce Shallot Minced
1 ounce Cilantro minced
1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
1 ounce Red Pepper small dice
To Taste Salt