OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WBTV, LLC, One Julian Price Place, Charlotte, NC 28208; Appalachian Summer Festival, ASU Office of Arts & Cultural Programs, PO Box 32045, Boone, NC 28608; Breezeplay Championships, InsideOut Sports & Entertainment, 401 Lafayette Street, Suite 600, New York, NY 10003; Columbia Convention & Visitors Bureau, 1101 Lincoln Street, Columbia, SC 29202; Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden, 6500 South New Hope Road, Belmont, NC 28012; Greater Charlotte Antique & Collectibles Show, Cabarrus Arena & Events Center, 4751 Highway 49 North, Concord, NC 28025; M Booth & Associates (for JCP Rascal Flatts Tour), 300 Park Ave South, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10010; Time Warner Cable Arena/AEG Live (American Idols Tour 2009), 333 East Trade Street, Charlotte, NC 28202; Riverbanks Zoo and Garden, 500 Wildlife Parkway, Columbia, SC 29210; Rooms To Go North Carolina Corp., 11540 US Hwy East, Seffner, FL 33584; Tweetsie Railroad Inc., 300 Tweetsie Railroad Lane, Blowing Rock NC 28605; Wet ‘n Wild Emerald Pointe Water Park, 3910 South Holden Road, Greensboro, NC 27406 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 12:00A Friday, July 10, 2009 and ends at 12:00A Monday, September 7, 2009. Entries must be received by 12:00A Monday, September 7, 2009. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Alexander, Anson, Ashe, Avery, Burke, Cabarrus, Caldwell, Catawba, Cleveland, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Richmond, Rowan, Stanley, Union, Watauga Counties in North Carolina; and, Chester, Chesterfield, Lancaster, York Counties in South Carolina who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WBTV, Inc, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per email address will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. Beginning at 12:00A Friday, July 10, 2009, individuals can log on to www.wbtv.com and complete the online entry form and submit their memorable summer vacation photo or video. The entrant must own all rights in and to the picture and has the right to submit it in connection with this promotion. The Sponsor(s) shall have an irrevocable license to broadcast or display the pictures on TV and/or the internet in connection with this promotion and/or any other promotional purposes. Entries must be received by 12:00A Monday, September 7, 2009 in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WBTV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WBTV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WBTV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Prize(s). No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Grand Prize Winner will be notified by email on Wednesday, September 10, 2009.
Week #1: July 13 - total value $419
Week #2: July 20 - total value $419
Week #3: July 27 - total value $619
Week #4: August 3 - total value $389
Week #5: August 10 - total value $469
Week #6: August 17 - total value $416
Week #7: August 24 - total value $379
Week #8: August 31 - total value $459
Week #9: September 7 - total value $459
Grand Prize: Cindy Crawford Home Metropolis Sectional from Rooms To Go ($2,500 value); November 24, 2009 Miley Cyrus concert tickets, two (2) tickets ($160 value)
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. Nine (9) weekly prizes will be awarded as follows: winners will be chosen by the Sponsor(s) based on a variety of subjective criteria that include originality, creativity, popularity (views and viewer ratings), photo or video photo or video quality and overall presentation of the imagery. One (1) grand prize winner will be selected from all qualified entries. Weekly winners are eligible to win the grand prize.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), and if applicable any travel companion(s), will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within thirty (30) days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by Friday, October 9, 2009 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WBTV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WBTV if WBTV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WBTV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WBTV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WBTV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Donna Lepre, WBTV, One Julian Price Place, Charlotte, NC 28208 or visit the website at www.wbtv.com between September 15 and October 15, 2009.