Presented by Johnson & Wales University Student & Teaching Assistant Amber Brewer.
Yield: Serves 4
Serving Size: 5 ounces
1 packet ~ Baby Spinach, washed and spin dry
1 clove ~ Garlic, peeled and mashed into a puree
2oz ~ Olive Oil
1oz ~ Sherry Wine Vinegar
1 Tbsp ~ Sherry
Salt to taste
Cracked pepper to taste
1 ~ Globe tomatoe, peeled, seeded, julienne-cut
2oz ~ Romano Cheese, sliced paper thin
1 Tbsp ~ Balsamic Vinegar Reduction
4 slices ~ Bread
Method of Preparation
1. Gather all ingredients together and equipment.
2. Chiffonade the spinach and then place in bowl till service.
3. Combine the vinegar, sherry and olive oil and mix together.
4. Then add the tomatoes, e garlic, salt, and pepper.
5. Shave the cheese on the slicer, very thinly.
6. Prepare long rectangle croutons ½ x ½ x 4 inch
7. Toast the croutons and brush with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then re- toast.
8. Pipe the reduction on the plate. Arrange 4 croutons into a square or triangle stack.