Charlotte Weather - WBTV - | WBTV Charlotte

Today's First Alert Weather Forecast

Today's Forecast

Today's Forecast Image

* Tracking Subtropical Storm Alberto
* First Alert Day on Memorial Day
* What about the Coca Cola 600?

We have been tracking Subtropical Storm Alberto since it was named on Friday. As of now, it looks like landfall should be close to the FL/ AL line early on Tuesday morning. What does that mean for us in the Carolinas? The center of the storm should stay well west of us but plenty of moisture will still come this way. 

Sunday will be a warm and muggy one with a 30% chance for showers or a thunderstorm. Highs will reach the mid 80s. For the Coca Cola 600, things may just work out. No promises but a 30% chance for rain means a 70% chance it won't. Let's keep hope alive!

Memorial Day may be the wettest day of the holiday weekend, unfortunately. There is a 70% chance for rain at any time during the day. Some models are looking like we could get over an inch of rain on Monday. Highs will be close to 80°. That is why a First Alert Day has been declared. 

The rest of the week will totally depend on the final track of Alberto. Regardless of the details, there will be a chance for showers and thunderstorms every day. Highs will range in the low to mid 80s. 

Have a good Memorial Day weekend!

Meteorologist Leigh Brock 

 

2-Day Forecast: Charlotte

Sunday
Sunday's Forecast Image

3

Monday
Monday's Forecast Image

4

Currently in Charlotte as of

  • 72°(Feels like 72°)
  • Broken Clouds
  • Wind: S @ 7 mph
  • Barometer: 29.97 in.
  • Sunrise: 06:11:47 am
  • Sunset: 08:29:19 pm
  • Humidity: 100
  • Visibility: 10 mi.
  • UV Index: 0

2-Day Forecast: Rock Hill

Sunday
Sunday's Forecast Image
  • 86°
  • 67°

Considerable cloudiness

Monday
Monday's Forecast Image
  • 80°
  • 69°

Cloudy with showers and thunderstorms

Currently in Rock Hill as of

  • 70°(Feels like 70°)
  • Overcast
  • Wind: SSW @ 3 mph
  • Barometer: 29.97 in.
  • Sunrise: 06:13:05 am
  • Sunset: 08:29:31 pm
  • Humidity: 100
  • Visibility: 6 mi.
  • UV Index: 0

2-Day Forecast: Hickory

Sunday
Sunday's Forecast Image
  • 81°
  • 66°

Showers and thunderstorms late

Monday
Monday's Forecast Image
  • 75°
  • 67°

Thunderstorms

Currently in Hickory as of

  • 67°(Feels like 67°)
  • Broken Clouds
  • Wind: @ 0 mph
  • Barometer: 29.96 in.
  • Sunrise: 06:12:37 am
  • Sunset: 08:32:45 pm
  • Humidity: 100
  • Visibility: 8 mi.
  • UV Index: 0

2-Day Forecast: Morganton

Sunday
Sunday's Forecast Image
  • 82°
  • 65°

Showers and thunderstorms late

Monday
Monday's Forecast Image
  • 77°
  • 66°

Thunderstorms

Currently in Morganton as of

  • 61°(Feels like 61°)
  • Scattered Clouds
  • Wind: @ 0 mph
  • Barometer: 30.01 in.
  • Sunrise: 06:13:34 am
  • Sunset: 08:33:46 pm
  • Humidity: 100
  • Visibility: 7 mi.
  • UV Index: 0

2-Day Forecast: Boone

Sunday
Sunday's Forecast Image
  • 74°
  • 60°

Showers and thunderstorms

Monday
Monday's Forecast Image
  • 70°
  • 60°

Rain and thunder

Currently in Boone as of

  • 63°(Feels like 63°)
  • Broken Clouds
  • Wind: @ 0 mph
  • Barometer: 30.05 in.
  • Sunrise: 06:12:32 am
  • Sunset: 08:35:09 pm
  • Humidity: 100
  • Visibility: 10 mi.
  • UV Index: 0

2-Day Forecast: Statesville

Sunday
Sunday's Forecast Image
  • 83°
  • 65°

Scattered thunderstorms possible

Monday
Monday's Forecast Image
  • 76°
  • 67°

Rain and thunder

Currently in Statesville as of

  • 67°(Feels like 67°)
  • Overcast
  • Wind: @ 0 mph
  • Barometer: 29.96 in.
  • Sunrise: 06:10:54 am
  • Sunset: 08:30:57 pm
  • Humidity: 95
  • Visibility: 10 mi.
  • UV Index: 0

2-Day Forecast: Monroe

Sunday
Sunday's Forecast Image
  • 85°
  • 68°

Considerable cloudiness

Monday
Monday's Forecast Image
  • 79°
  • 69°

Cloudy with showers and thunderstorms

Currently in Monroe as of

  • 70°(Feels like 70°)
  • Few Clouds
  • Wind: SW @ 5 mph
  • Barometer: 29.96 in.
  • Sunrise: 06:11:19 am
  • Sunset: 08:27:47 pm
  • Humidity: 97
  • Visibility: 8 mi.
  • UV Index: 0

2-Day Forecast: Salisbury

Sunday
Sunday's Forecast Image
  • 85°
  • 67°

Showers and thunderstorms

Monday
Monday's Forecast Image
  • 78°
  • 68°

Thunderstorms

Currently in Salisbury as of

  • 71°(Feels like 71°)
  • Overcast
  • Wind: @ 0 mph
  • Barometer: 29.96 in.
  • Sunrise: 06:09:10 am
  • Sunset: 08:28:56 pm
  • Humidity: 100
  • Visibility: 10 mi.
  • UV Index: 0

Regional Conditions

Charlotte
72°
Rock Hill
70°
Hickory
67°
Morganton
61°
Boone
63°
Statesville
67°
Monroe
70°
Salisbury
71°
Powered by Frankly